Monday, January 24, 2011

My Misery with Les Miserables

I saw "Les Miserables" for the first time this past Saturday at the Broward Center. It was fabulous -- except for the fact that I was in nosebleed seats and couldn't see a damn thing. I guess that's what happens when you buy tickets for a Saturday night show of a Broadway masterpiece four days before showtime. Oops!

While the mile-long distance from my seat to the stage didn't damper the appreciation for the beautiful singing and orchestral parts, I couldn't tell who was singing what! To top it off, several times throughout the show I thought different actors were Jean Valjean and couldn't tell what either one of their motives were! Ha!

I can't wait to see "Les Mis" a second time. It really was a fantastic show. I have a feeling the second time will be better -- especially since I Wikipedia-d what the plot was and now I will know what's going on! And presumably, I'll make sure to get better seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment