Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tator and Grandma

For anyone's who's ever owned a pet, I'm told an indescribable sense of happiness comes from bonding with one. I'm told a pet - a dog in this case - makes you feel happy in no way a human ever could.

After dog-sitting my favorite four-legged friend, Tator, this past weekend, I can see why. There's something really awesome about a dog unexpectedly coming up to you and licking your face, putting his head on your lap, or barking when he feels you're threatened.

My boyfriend, Josh, and I took Tator to see Josh's 90-year-old grandmother this past weekend. She lives in Boynton Beach in an assisted living home, and we figured she could use a little four-legged loving. Grandma's still sharp, witty, mobile, happy and thoughtful, Josh and I felt Tator could break Grandma out of her normal routine at the assisted living home and, well, add a little excitement to an otherwise mundane Sunday.

For once, we were right. Grandma loved Tator. And, I'd like to think Tator loved Grandma.




4 comments:

  1. As I am reading this, Tator is admiring his handsome self in these pictures ...LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Tator! That's exactly the reason why I love that guy so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nila-
    Thanks why I like my Aunt Ceil so much.:)
    Howie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howard: We love Grandma so much, too. She talks about you all the time, and I hope we meet one day.

    ReplyDelete