Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hail the Queen

I sometimes forget how beautiful Fort Lauderdale is. Thanks goodness I have the Jungle Queen to jog my memory.

After 4+ years of living in the Venice of America, I've finally boarded the Jungle Queen yesterday. I was one of 417 guests on board, probably the second-most knowledgeable person of Fort Lauderdale on this boat (after Capt. Bill, that is). Though a South Florida resident, I've always wanted to take a tour of this caliber: one that's hokey, fun, gluttonous and very gluttonous. (Wait -- you didn't know the ride included an all-you-can-eat BBQ dinner? I didn't either until I boarded. The. Best. Surprise. Ever.)

So here are my top 5 reasons why I loved yesterday's ride on the Jungle Queen:

1. I didn't get seasick.

It's the first boat ride this year that I didn't get sick on. My guess is the calm New River had something to do with it.

2. We passed a rainbow.

I don't know why, but rainbows tend to make every trip a lil' better. And, it was no different this Jungle Queen ride.

3. I got to see the famous bell tower on Wayne Huizenga's property.

After getting reamed by my boss for never taking a ride on the water taxi and therefore never seeing the famed bell tower, I can now saw that I came and I conquered.

4. I got to see my friends Angela and Paul chow down on all-you-can-eat ribs, chicken and shrimp.


What makes this story even better is that Angela's a registered dietitian. Don't you love irony? 

P.S. Don't let these photos fool you -- Angela and Paul rarely used their utensils!

5. I got to chow down on all-you-can-eat ribs, chicken and shrimp.



No comments:

Post a Comment