Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gold Coast's hot fashion issue


My publisher's tossed this idea out a few times during editorial meetings. Actually, he suggests it at any moment he can – regardless of time, audience, location or scenario. He thinks our magazine should do a fashion shoot here in Fort Lauderdale. Of what, you ask? Of fashions Fort Lauderdalelites wore during the late 1800s and early 1900s. It'll be a major page turner, he thinks.

I consider myself a pretty creative person, but I'm clueless how I can make ruffled, ankle-length skirts, corsets and bonnet hats hip and cool again. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking the only folks who might pick up this issue are from a small community in Lancaster, Pa.

2 comments:

  1. If anyone can do it... You can Nila.--i just dont think anyone can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks for the confidence. I like challenges, but this might be too much for me to handle...

    ReplyDelete