Thursday, May 6, 2010

Who Knew Flag Football Was A Contact Sport?

The Sun Sentinel headline said it all: Four shot during flag football game in Miami

Damn. I play flag football. Could I get shot? 

I guess the correlation between last night's shooting and me is far fetched. (Watch. Just because I wrote it, it's going to happen.)

The article says the shooting took place last night during a women's game. Some male spectators got into a dispute, and, well, you know the story from there. 

I have a co-ed flag football game tonight in Fort Lauderdale. One time two girls from opposing teams got into a physical skirmish, but that's really been it for the violence in our league. Better safe than sorry. Shields up for tonight's game.

4 comments:

  1. Nila, you are the toughest girl I know. If you did suffer a casualty while playing, you brush it off, finish the game, and still come to work looking super cute the next day laughing about it. I always admired that about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Thanks, Keri. Even more, I admire how you bounced back after suffering that head trauma from the bike accident on the Las Olas bridge. How a person could heal so beautifully from that, I will never know.

    I indeed survived last night's game. Though our loss might have been more painful than suffering a gunshot wound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! รีวิวufa800

    ReplyDelete